Skip to content
Home » Blog » Indy Musician

Indy Musician

Are you an Indy Musician, Independent Musician, one who hasn’t been signed by a music mogul, and would like to make it in the music business? Or perhaps you are a musician/singer/songwriter who just wants to get your music heard? 

There are several things you need to do before you play your music for people other than family. Have you copyrighted your music? If not, be very careful who you play your music for.

Also, have you registered your music so you can get paid when it is played? There are three companies you can register with: ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC .

If you are unsure about how to register your music or get it copyrighted, companies like can help you. They also have free information that will help guide you through the process.


The Indy Musician

Leave a Reply